At some point you may see dark patches on face for different reasons such as; the sun, age, chemicals, burns, etc. There are several treatments out there to remove stains on the face such as; whitening kits, chemical peels, dermabrasion and lasers. Home methods are also an option to consider.
In this article you will discover 3 alternative Home Remedies for dark patches on face. However, dark patches on face can be difficult to remove, but with time and persistence they will vanish.
Remove Dark Patches On Face With Lemon
The first of the home remedies to remove dark patches on the face is made with lemon. This ingredient has been used as a natural whitening remedy for centuries. It is an easy home remedy to use and will not take more than a few minutes a day.
Lemon has lactic acid and citric acid which are both powerful bleaching agent.
However, it is important to take care not to expose yourself to sunlight for long periods when using lemon on the face as lemon sensitizes the skin and will result in burns.
The procedure is very simple:
- Squeeze a little lemon juice onto a cotton pad to soak.
- Then apply to the black spots on the face.
As you shouldn’t use this remedy in the sunlight, it is advisable to do this procedure at night-time. Just leave the lemon juice dry and you can get into bed.
It is also advisable to use a moisturizer after using the lemon to help remove the black spots on the face. However, results won’t be instant, but if you keep using, they will gradually fade.
There is also another way you can use Lemon.
- Mix some lemon juice with a few tablespoons of honey and stir.
- Apply mixture to the black spots on the face, performing a gentle massage with the fingertips.
- Allow to absorb for about 20 minutes.
- And finally, rinse with warm water.
Remove Dark Patches On Face With Cucumber
Another home remedy for black and dark spots on the face is cucumber. Cucumber is a classic for whitening of the face, due to its powerful qualities. On the market hundreds of bleaching creams have cucumber as one of its main ingredients.
How to use cucumber to get rid of dark patches:
- Wash the face using a mild or paraben free soap and gently scrub where the black spots are before starting the process.
- Grate the cucumber to extract the juice into a clean bowl.
- With a cotton pad wipe over the dark patches on face and let the cucumber absorb.
It’s only really necessary to use fresh cucumber for this remedy. However, you can also add honey to mix with the cucumber if you wish to.
Dark Patches Can Also Be Removed With Milk And Almonds
The last home remedy to remove stains on the face is a mixture of milk with almonds. This home remedy, for removing stains will also give softness and elasticity to your skin.
To make this home remedy
- Put 4 almonds in a little milk and let soak over night.
- The next day, crush the almonds with milk to make a paste.
- Try not to use too much milk so it will not be too watery.
- Using your fingertips, place the milk and almond paste on the black spots on the face.
- Repeat each morning for two weeks for your face to begin to whiten.
I hope these 3 home remedies for dark patches on face will be useful to you and I hope you will soon notice positive changes. Remember that it is important to stay out of the sun which is one of the main factors in getting these dark patches.
Home remedies can be a great alternative to whiten the skin. But they are an option that will take time and dedication. They are not a magic cure.
Whenever you use products on your skin, especially if that part of the skin is exposed or sensitive, like the face for example, you should ask about side effects. To test for allergies at home just apply a little of the home remedy for removing stains on the inside of the wrist. If reaction occurs after a few hours, do not use remedy. It is advisable to consult a specialist for further information on the subject.
Here’s another recommended article if you need more ways to remove or brighten dark spots on the skin.