Stretch marks are very common, and can occur at any age or in any gender. However, they typically more commonly develop on ladies after pregnancy, after their sudden weight loss. So, in this post I would like to share with you some useful information on how to get rid of stretch marks with home remedies for stretch marks. Not just for the ladies that have just had a little baby, but for anyone that wishes to get rid of stretch marks.
First of all I would like to share with you some ways that stretch mars can occur. So below is a list.
How do you get stretch marks
You already know that during pregnancy the skin stretches. So what other things cause stretch marks?
- After pregnancy.
- Delivering babies that are a larger size.
- Being overweight.
- After sudden weight loss.
- Using certain medications, such as those that contain corticosteroids.
- Having too much of the hormone cortisone in your body.
Now that you know what causes stretch marks, You can think about things you can do to counteract these things to prevent stretch marks. However, not to worry, I won’t leave it all up to you. Read on to discover a few things that you can easily perform to get rid of stretch marks and prevent stretch marks from occurring.
Some items that can be used to get rid of stretch marks are:
- Aloe Vera
- Lemon Juice
- Egg Whites
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Cocoa Butter
How to get rid of Stretch Marks with home remedies to get rid of stretch marks
Once again, Aloe Vera comes to the rescue. I bet you didn’t think it would be here to help combat stretch marks. Well, fortunately for us, it is not bound by stretch marks. There are a couple of ways Aloe Vera can be applied to help get rid of stretch marks.
- The first way is simple. Aloe Vera can be applied to the stretch marks directly and left on the skin for around 15 minutes before washing off with some warm water.
- Or alternatively, you can make make a mixture, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. To make the mixture you need to do the following:
- Extract the oil from 10 Vitamin E capsules.
- Extract the oil from 5 Vitamin A capsules.
- Fill a cup about 1/4 of the way with Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix the extracted oil in the Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply mixture to skin until absorbed fully.
- Repeat the process until stretch marks significantly reduce.
Lemon juice is another versatile substance when it comes to skin care. Because of the acidity in the Lemon juice, this makes it particularly good for helping reduce stretch mark. There are a couple of ways you can use it. So here’s how to get rid of stretch marks with lemon juice:
- Simply rub lemon juice into your stretch marks using gentle circular movements. Let the lemon juice do its work for approx. 10 minutes by soaking into the stretch marks. Then rinse it with some warm water.
- The next option is simple too. Extract the juice of a cucumber and a lemon and mix them together. Then apply the juice directly to the skin where the stretch marks are.
You can use sugar in a number of ways in skin care. And thankfully, getting rid of stretch marks is not an exception. In fact, sugar is known to be one of the best home remedies to get rid of stretch marks because of the texture of sugar. The texture makes it great for exfoliating the skin. So, let me tell you just how to to get rid of stretch marks with sugar:
What you will need:
- Raw sugar
- Almond Oil
- Lemon juice
How to get rid of stretch marks with sugar:
- mix 1 tbsp raw sugar in almond oil and simply add some lemon juice by squeezing the lemon into the mixture.
- Rub the mixture gently into the skin where the stretch marks are for a few minutes, and take a shower.
- Repeat daily. And within approximately 1 month, you should notice a significant reduction in those pesky stretch marks.
Egg whites are another great home remedy for getting rid of stretch marks as they are rich in essential proteins and amino acids. But you can only use the whites of the egg for this one.
How to get rid of stretch marks with egg whites:
- First of all, you will need to extract the whites of two eggs by using a fork. Then clean the area of skin that’s affected by the stretch marks.
- Apply the egg whites to the area that’s clean and allow the egg white to dry completely.
- Rinse the egg whites off with cold water.
- To keep the skin moisturized apply some olive oil after removing the egg white.
- Keep doing this for around two weeks, and you should notice a significant reduction in your stretch marks.
Castor oil is like another miracle when it comes to skin care. It has been used in various preparations for thousands of years. For thing such as; growing hair, acne, moisturizing the skin and relieving muscle soreness. However, the wonder of castor oil does not end there, the list continues. You will find within that long list of uses for castor oil “getting rid of stretch marks.” Castor oil on face also works wonders.
How to get rid of stretch marks with castor oil
- First, you will need to apply castor oil to your stretch marks using gentle circular movements for approx 10 mins.
- Next, get a thin, cotton cloth and wrap it around the area.
- Get either a heat pack or hot water bottle and apply the heat to the affected area for a further 30 minutes.
To notice results for this home remedy, you will need to repeat daily for around 1 month.
Alfalfa contains proteins and amino acids that are excellent for the health of our skin. Furthermore, it also contains Vitamin K and E. These vitamins are essential for the skin.
How to use alfalfa to get rid of stretch marks.
- Make a smooth paste by mixing some powdered alfalfa with a few drops chamomile.
- Apply paste to the affected are and massage into the skin between 2 – 3 times per day.
Repeat this for a few weeks and you’ll begin to see a significant improvement.
The juice from potatoes contain minerals and vitamins that promote good health and restoration to the cells of the skin.
How to get rid of stretch marks with potato.
- Get a medium size potato and slice it up into quite thick pieces.
- Get one of the pieces of potato and gently rub it over the areas that are affected for approx 5 minutes. Be sure though, that you have covered the area affected with the potato starch.
- Leave the juice from the potato dry completely, then wash with some warm water.
Olive oil is great for skin care because of the antioxidants, various vitamins and nutrients that are essential for skin care. Making olive oil another wonderful home remedy to get rid of stretch marks.
How to get rid of stretch marks with olive oil.
- first of all, warm some extra virgin olive oil and massage into the areas of skin that are affected. Being warm, it will help improve the circulation of the blood to the skin, thus having a greater impact on the stretch marks.
- Leave the oil on the skin for approx 30 mins to allow the olive oil to penetrate the skin, allowing the vitamin A, E and Vitamin D to absorb and take effect.
As olive oil is moisturizing, it can also be used as an excellent exfoliating night cream. Which is so simple to make.
- Simply mix some olive oil with some vinegar and water.
- And apply to the skin in the evening before bed. This keeps the skin moist and furthermore exfoliates it too.
Cocoa Butter may be delicious in chocolate, but is also used in many cosmetics too, due to the moisturizing properties that have a great effect it on the skin. Although, recent studies have concluded that the outcome of cocoa butter used to prevent stretch marks on pregnant women was no different from the results found from using a placebo. But don’t let that stop you from trying. As there is more than one way. And when mixed with other ingredients it can be quite effective. So, I will tell you how to use both methods.
How to get rid of stretch marks with cocoa butter.
Method 1: simply, warm some cocoa butter by rubbing between your palms and apply it to the stretch marks 2 times per day for 4 to 5 months.
Method 2: The next option you will need the following ingredients:
- Cocoa Butter (obviously)
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Vitamin E oil
To use this method you need to do the following:
- Mix half of a cup of cocoa butter with 2 tsp grated beeswax, 1 tbsp wheat germ oil, 1 tsp apricot kernel, Vitamin E oil.
- Heat it all together (on a reduced temperature to maintain the nutrients within the ingredients) until the beeswax is melted.
- Then, apply the mixture to the stretch marks 2 – 3 times per day. (keep refrigerated in an airtight container to use again)
- Using this mixture 2 – 3 times a day will make the skin smooth keeping it hydrated.
Last but certainly not least is water. It is important to drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated from the inside. This will help protect the skin from a lot of problems. Drinking plenty of water helps aid the detoxification process and helps to keep your skin smooth, whilst restoring the skins elasticity.
To keep your body in order try drinking 1 – 2 glasses or cups water 4 – 8 times per day. To keep your body hydrated, it is advised by experts to drink around 8 – 10 glasses of water a day.
However, when they advise you to drink water, this is limited to water only. Soft drinks or coffee don’t count as water. They contain preservatives and caffeine which effect the body in different ways. For example, coffee is said to be a diuretic, which dehydrates the body. And preservatives, although may not be highly toxic, they are toxic to our bodies to some extent which doesn’t help the detoxification process.
These home remedies to get rid of stretch marks will help get rid of them. However, they may react differently for different people. Some people may have thick skin, or thin skin. Some people may have poor circulation, some may have great. You can’t really rule out these factors. If using and they still persist, and they are troubling you, you can always pay a visit to your doctor.
I hope these home remedies to get rid of stretch marks will help you though.