Turmeric is an orange colored plant. The extract is used as a colorant in various culinary preparations, especially in Indian cuisine. This spice also has other uses in the medical field, as well as in other things. Some of those other things I am referring to happen to be beauty products. Focusing on that latter, here I am going to talk about a Turmeric Face Mask to illuminate your skin.
Benefits of the Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric has great antioxidant powers, which makes it one of the best ingredients to prepare a face mask. With regular use of turmeric your skin will look healthy, radiant and smooth. By using turmeric on your face you will see that your skin is nourished and kept hydrated for longer, preventing dryness and early wrinkles from expression markings around the mouth and eyes.
Make a Turmeric Face Mask at Home
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Mix the chickpea flour with turmeric and keep it in a tight container away from light.
- When you want to use the mask, mix 1 tablespoon of flour with the turmeric and the 5 drops of essential oil and water into a paste.
- Put turmeric mask on your face and neck, avoiding contact with the eye area and eye.
- Leave on your skin for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, remove the preparation with warm water.
In case you don’t have chickpea flour but also want to use turmeric to leave your face radiant, you can make another mask using honey.
- Use a little honey and mix with a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Spread the mixture over your face and let the preparation act for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
You may notice that honey is very sticky. The solution is to simply damp your fingers to spread all the preparation over the face.
In both cases, bear in mind that this spice can stain clothing. To avoid ruining a garment, I advise to use the turmeric face mask before taking a bath. Otherwise, if the turmeric gets on your clothes, it is likely that your clothes will stain yellow and you won’t be able to remove the color by washing.
Does turmeric stain the skin?
For the folks out there that are worried you may end up looking like an Oompa-Loompa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I want to assure you that turmeric is safe to use. However, I would recommend using a thin layer as the chances of it staining may increase with the more you put on, especially around the neck area where the skin is a bit thinner.
The Turmeric face mask will serve you well. And, it will give your face a radiant glow and also rejuvenate the skin. Prepare a face mask and tell me if you were successful and what the outcome was.