There are many ways to get rid of pimples. But in this post I am going to share 10 of them with you.
Outbreaks of acne vulgaris is a concern among many individuals, young and old today. Even myself at 35 years old I still have outbreaks on my back from time to time. But it’s OK. Because the good news is acne is treatable, and by trying various methods you can get rid of your pimples too. In this post I would like to share with you some useful ways to get rid of pimples. Some may seem somewhat unconventional. But they have proven to be effective.
So, here are 10 ways to get rid of pimples..
1. Ice to get rid of Pimples.
You may be thinking, “Ice? Really? How the hell is ice going to get rid of my pimples?” But ice can be really helpful. Ice can be used to reduce swelling, redness and inflammation from those nasty bumps quickly. The Ice helps to improve the blood circulation to the affected area. It also helps to tighten the skins pores and remove dirt and oil that has accumulated over the skin. Use either crushed ice or ice cubes, whichever is most convenient for you.
- First of all, you want to wrap your ice in a clean cloth and then hold it on the affected area for just a few seconds.
- Just leave it for a few minutes then repeat the process.
2. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Tea Tree.
If you didn’t have any joy with the ice, or if the ice method is just too cold for you, then you can try using Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree Oil is great for treating those nasty little pimples. Tea Tree has antibacterial properties which help to fight bacteria which causes your skin problem. Plus the properties from the Tea Tree Oil will help to reduce inflammation and redness of your pimples. It will also help to dry out whiteheads and blackheads.
- To treat your pimples, dip a clean cotton ball in some tea tree oil and dab gently over the affected area. After 15 minutes, rinse your face with warm water.
- You can also try adding a few drops of your tea tree oil to a tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel. Then apply the gel to your pimples and blemishes and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
Please Note: If you have sensitive skin, avoid using tea tree oil as it may make the pimples worse.
3. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Lemon Juice.
Lemon Juice, which is rich in vitamin C is another way to help get rid of those pimples. The Lemon Juice will help to dry up your pimples fast. Make sure you use a fresh Lemon and not Lemon Juice from a bottle as bottles juice contains preservatives. There is more than one way to apply the Lemon remedy.
- Get a clean cotton ball or swab and dip it in some fresh Lemon Juice and apply it to pimples before you go to bed. Rinse thoroughly when you wake up the next morning.
- Also, try mixing a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply the powder to your pimples before bed and leave on overnight. Wen you wake up the next morning, wash your skin with some lukewarm water.
Please Note: Method 2 is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
4. Garlic to Get Rid of Pimples.
Garlic is another great remedy for getting rid of pimples fast as it is antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and is also an antioxidant agent too. The garlic contains sulfur which aids the quick healing of your pimples.
- First, break a clove from your garlic and cut it into two.
- Then rub the astringent part of the garlic, (which is the middle of the garlic cove) over the pimples. Then leave it for five minutes before you wash your skin with some lukewarm water.
- Do the same thing multiple times throughout the day.
Raw garlic can also help to purify your blood. You could try eating a clove of garlic each day. But definitely don’t it too much as the pains in your stomach can be difficult to bear.
5. Get Rid of Pimples With Steam.
Steam is really good for the skin whenever. But steam is even better when you get an outbreak of pimples. Steam allows your skin to breathe by opening your pores. This will help to rid the oils, bacteria and dirt that’s trapped beneath your pores which is causing the inflammation or infection.
- What you need to to do is, get a big enough container so you can put your face over it and pour some hot water to it. Put your face over the large container and allow the steam to cover your face for a few moments.
- Then, with lukewarm water rinse your face. Dry your face with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer that’s oil-free.
6. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Toothpaste.
You may be thinking that getting rid of pimples is but a myth. But I have news for you, it isn’t. It really works. But you have to use the white toothpaste, not the gelled toothpaste. This remedy is even more effective when following the ice remedy I told you about earlier in the post.
- Before you go to bed in the night, apply some of your white toothpaste to the affected are.
- When you get up the next morning, wash the toothpaste off thoroughly and you should notice some significant improvement in the inflammation.
You don’t have to put the toothpaste on before bed. You can do it anytime throughout the day. But make sure you leave it on for at least an hour if you want to see any improvement.
7. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Honey.
You can add honey to the list next time you go shopping if you get an outbreak of pimples. Honey has a natural source of antibiotics which can help speed up healing time. It can also help to prevent further infections.
- Get yourself a clean cotton swab and dip it in some honey. Put the the swab directly on the area that’s affected and leave it for about half an hour.
- With lukewarm water wash the skin.
- Repeat the process a few times throughout the day..
There is also another way for you to use honey. You can mix it with cinnamon. Mix them together to make a paste apply the paste to the pimples before you go to bed. When you get up the next wash your skin with some cold water. You should notice some improvement, and the swelling should have reduced.
8. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Baking Soda.
If you like to bake then check your food cupboards for some Baking Soda. Because, baking soda is a really effective remedy for getting rid of pimples. Baking soda can help by exfoliating your skin and removing excess oil, dead skin cells and dirt.
- Mix a teaspoon for baking soda with some lemon juice and make a thick paste.
- Next, wash the skin. But leave it a little damp. Put your paste over the areas that are affected and let it dry but only for a few minutes. Make sure you don’t leave it on any longer than just a few minutes as baking soda can cause your skin to dry out and cause irritation.
- With lukewarm water, wash you face well.
- For quick results, repeat the process twice a day.
9. Ways to Get Rid of Acne With Papaya
You may have seen some masks or body washes on market with Papaya extract in. The reason is because Papaya is a great source of the antioxidant vitamin. But it also contains enzymes which helps to reduce inflammation that make the skin feel soft and smooth.
- First crush some raw papaya pieces up so you can extract it’s juice. Then apply it over your pimples. Leave the juice on your pimples for about 15 minutes before you rinse it off.
- If you prefer, you can make an exfoliating face mask. First of all mash some pieces of your papaya then add a teaspoon off honey. Once you have mixed it together, apply your paste to your face and massage it in gently. Leave your mask until it dries completely before rinsing thoroughly.
10. Ways to Get Rid of Pimples With Cucumber
Cucumber has many health benefits, but I bet you didn’t think you would be able to get rid of those nasty little pimples with it. Cucumber is filled with potassium and other vitamins such as Vitamins A, C and vitamin E. And, it’s also soothing and cooling on your skin.
- First chop up two fresh cucumbers into chunks, them put them in some water and leave them to soak for up to an hour. The nutrients from the cucumber will seep out into the water.
- Then, you can either drink the water or you can wash your face with it.
By grinding up a cucumber, you can also make a face mask too. Apply your grinded up your cucumber, to the face and leave to dry for about 15 minutes. Then, with warm water, wash your face. The mask will help to clean away any bacteria or dirt from the pores.
Well, that’s it. As you can see from the post above, there are plenty of ways to get rid of pimples. And some aren’t even that costly. I hope you liked my post. If you do so, please share it.